help with contacts !

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bab3, Jul 17, 2012.

1. bab3 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an Iphone 4 and I never had a back up before.. Today, as I wanted to make one , i connect the Iphone with my laptop (not Mac) ITunes. On this computer i had also an another apple id account (not mines it was for an another iphone) (on the past).
    So, i signed in with my apple account , and i make a sync. When the sych was over, I wanted to make a back up.. And accidentally the back up was from the other apple id address (and iphone) and all my contacts dissappear and i see contacts and apps from the other iphone . ....

I called a technician and told me to make a restore.. And then everything dissapeared.. when i import ''the sim contacts'' i saw contacts from the other iphone..

please give a little help.. i dont know what to do all my contacts are gone!

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

This is why people need to stop storing contacts on the sim card, or the phone itself. Start storing contact on via email contacts. Gmail is a good example and when you set it up as a MS exchange account you can then sync contacts.

Sorry to say it, but you're probably screwed if you don't have a backup of the phone with the contacts.

3. bab3 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Shamil macrumors newbie

sorry to say that your contact is gone.because you did not back up your iphone to your iTunes.

5. maplelegend macrumors newbie

maplelegend

hope someone could help you..
    but looks like we have to backup the contacts to itunes from the beginning...

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Instead of backing up to iTunes, put your contacts in the cloud. Then you can jump to any phone or the internet and access your contacts.

7. maplelegend macrumors newbie

maplelegend

Really?Never thought of that.I should try for it, thanks for the tip.

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Personally I use gmail to do it. I actually rebuilt all my contacts from a few sim cards I had, a PDA and an address book. I put them all into a spreadsheet and imported them into gmail, then synced my contacts. Up front it's a pain, but in the end it's all worth it.

9. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I just recently put all my wife's contacts into her iCloud a few Saturdays ago.. She ALWAYS stores her contacts on the device she is using at the time; so I figured with her getting my phone in a month or so, I would save her a few headaches.. I have ALWAYS told family and friends to use GMail/iCloud to store their contacts.. It seems like no one ever takes the time to do it, which is a shame...:rolleyes: