Help with converting

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by M--C, Aug 30, 2011.

1. M--C, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

M--C macrumors newbie

I have a avi file in 720p I am looking to convert it to work with my iPad/apple tv. I am using ivI that i purchased in the appstore, now my question is should I mess with any of the presets to ensure that it stays at this qualitity or by using the apple tv preset will it convert with the same quality. I know its a bit of a newb question but I am just curious before I start doing all this converting that I need to if someone who has used this program in the past could provide me with a few screenshots of there presets it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

I'd just use HandBrake with the AppleTV 2 preset. Works great for Apple TV and iPad.

3. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

I'm familiar with Handbrake and iFlicks. Both can handle what you looking for easily.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You purchased a video converter?

Just use Handbrake, AppleTV 2 setting like the other guy said. It's free and works beautifully.

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'll second everyone else's recommendation here--use Handbrake. It's free and probably the most widely used video encoding/converting tool so you likely have the been chance resolving any issues with online support community assistance.

6. dynaflash macrumors 68020

you do know that iVI uses Handbrake to encode video ... right ?

7. Stellarola macrumors member

Stellarola

iVI is the best app i've used for converting my movies and tv content to a perfectly remuxed and/or transcoded mp4/m4v format. Killer app.