help with cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rodneylumaban, Jun 7, 2008.

1. rodneylumaban macrumors newbie

so i have a cracked iphone screen. already went to apple store to find out how much it would be to get it fixed/replaced. they said it'd be 250. i didnt have 250 so i decided to just wait for the new 3g iphone to come out.

does anyone know if the 250 replacement fee will get me a new 3g iphone if i do bring it back again and try to get it replaced. or will they just get me the current model that i already have?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

3. mtfield macrumors 6502

if the subsidy rumors are true you'll be able to get a 3g iphone for $200 so i'd just wait it out and see if that comes true.

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Yea I was in the same boat ... I ended up selling the cracked phone on ebay for parts. The final sell price was $250 + shipping for my 8GB

I figured that at most the new phone will be $400 ... so I'd rather pay an additional $150 ($400-$250) and get a 3G rather then $250 and get a first gen.

5. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I just sold my cracekd iPhone on ebay for 270$. If I were you, I would set up a 24 hr auction and get that thing out on eBay ASAP before the new iPhone is announced. People will still pay alot for it.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Like others have said, there have been cracked screen phones going for $250+ if unlocked on eBay. If you don't want to deal with the fees and shipping and stuff, try to dump it off a little cheaper on Craig's List. Might be a quicker and easier transaction.