Help with creating Flash Player thingy please!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dcv, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dcv macrumors G3

OK I have no clue whatsoever about Flash...

I need to embed Flash Video on a website I've been developing. I've created the flv files etc but I'm not sure how to create the 'player*' so that people with older browsers such as IE 6 with the Flash Player 7 component can view the video. I've got Flash 8 which when I import the flv files automatically uses the "FLVPlayback" component - but this will only be viewable by people who have Flash 8 player or above. :confused:

So how do I create a player that's accessible by older browsers? And no, before you say it, upgrading the browsers is not an option because many large organisations still use IE6 as their 'standard' browser and they're not about to change that just to view this site.

Any help or pointers to useful sites greatly appreciated. I've got to turn this around really quickly and no time to learn Flash in depth!!

*I'm not even sure of the correct terminology, that's how little I know about Flash. I mean the container thing with the playback controls. :D

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

this should help you.. it's a simple to use, and customise a little, player.

all you need to do is unzip, copy to your server, and tell it the URL of the video. ;)

IIRC, it works fine with IE6/Flash 7, but I may not be completely correct on the "Flash 7" bit.

3. dcv thread starter macrumors G3

Thanks, I'll take a look at that :)

4. dcv thread starter macrumors G3

Seems to work great in IE6/Flash Player 7. THANK YOU!