help with creating workflow regarding itunes songs ...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eroxx, Feb 13, 2012.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I'd love to be able to upload to my dropbox songs that I select in itunes. There MUST be some sort of automator workflow or keyboard maestro macro that can do this? I do own keyboard maestro.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Select them in iTunes and just drag them to your Dropbox folder. Done. You can add them to a playlist first, if you prefer. Then select all in the playlist, drag and drop.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just used that as an example. There's a few things I'd like to be able to (quickly) do ... Perhaps email them, zip them, etc ... Would be great if I could have an automator workflow that let me play with them in those ways ... ?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

To email, drag the items to any new or reply email message.
    To zip them, drag to any folder and right-click and compress them.

I'm sure you can create whatever Automator workflows you like, but the things you've mentioned so far are quite quick and simple to do without a workflow.

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files. Perhaps you'll find something you like there.

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Part of this is I just recently discovered automator and keyboard maestro, and just seeing what I can do that makes things easier. I'd love to be able to use the keyboard only, especially when dealing with songs in itunes ..