Help with CS3 please

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by designer88, May 4, 2011.

1. designer88 macrumors newbie

I have a imac g4 power pc, os x 10.4.6 and a copy of CS3 off a friend and he has the same machine as me and says that the CS3 disks installed on his. Every time I try and install it comes up with this "minimum system requirements os x 10.4.8 and you need 1.0 Gb of RAM or more"

I dont get how it has worked on my friends mac and not mine when we both have the same os x version. Hope someone can help me please I am new to macs and could do with CS3 on my mac. thank you :)

2. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

I guess the obvious question is, why not update to 10.4.8? How much RAM do you have?

3. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

BTW, if you get past this hurdle, you'll also need to make sure your friend has deactivated CS3 on his machine, or you won't be able to activate it with Adobe.

4. designer88 thread starter macrumors newbie

suppose so

Yea your right I might as well, I just thoight that if it had worked on another mac mine would be able to take it too. I dont know, is there any way to find out on the machine how much RAM I have?

5. simsaladimbamba

:apple: > About This Mac > Memory

[​IMG]

6. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Apple menu > About This Mac

BTW, I once installed a copy of OS X on an a machine (I think it was G4) which didn't have the minimum CPU requirements. I Googled and found a temporary workaround to trick the installer into thinking the CPU was clocked higher. Not sure if there's any similar tricks you can do with Adobe's installer, or if it's even worth it.

7. designer88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah that work around thing you mentioned sounds like just the thing Im after to get it working, i'l try that thanks. And now I know how to find out of much memeroy the machine has, thanks again i'l try that out

8. kalsta, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Well, keep in mind the workaround may not exist. And even if it does, there may be good reasons why Adobe set such minimum requirements. Their software isn't necessarily known for its efficient use of system resources! I'd be updating the OS first, which is dead simple using Software Update from the Apple menu, and of course, checking your RAM. Good luck!

9. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Not if his friend only has it installed on one machine. Adobe lets you install two copies of their software.