Help with decision

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slicke101, Mar 14, 2010.

  1. slicke101 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Location:
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #1
    Hi,

    Im about to switch from PC to Mac. I posted some questions on a Swedsih forum about this and one guy answered, dont buy the MBP now the new ones are coming!!

    I have just waited 1 week so its not that big of a deal. However a relative to me said that i could buy his MBP 13 tum: 2.53GHz for about the same price as a new macbook.

    I mainly use the laptop for writing my thesis and the ordinary every day stuff so spec wise i really dont need a powerful laptop so i guess the 13 tum: 2.53GHz would do great and i think its a good price. But you know how it is, something new and shiny is just around the corner :p
    So im thinking of waiting untill the 16/3 and buy my relatives MBP if the new one have not been released by then.

    I just wonder what you guys would do, hold out or buy my relatives used MBP???
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    With your usage, there is no reason to wait unless you just want the newest and latest. I doubt we'll see anything before iPads are available so you may end up waiting till June.

    BTW, it's inch(es) or just ", not tum :cool:
     
  3. slicke101 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Location:
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #3
    hehe , i just copy and pasted from the swedish apple site ;)

    Thanks for your input, thats about what I also decided. But still, a brand new toy would be awsome wopeeee :p
     
  4. Silencer macrumors member

    Silencer

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2009
    Location:
    London
    #4
    If you don't need the extra horsepower I would say get the current 13 inch Macbook Pro. However if you would rather have the latest tech then I would say wait.
     

Share This Page