Help with decision

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slicke101, Mar 14, 2010.

1. slicke101 macrumors member

Hi,

Im about to switch from PC to Mac. I posted some questions on a Swedsih forum about this and one guy answered, dont buy the MBP now the new ones are coming!!

I have just waited 1 week so its not that big of a deal. However a relative to me said that i could buy his MBP 13 tum: 2.53GHz for about the same price as a new macbook.

I mainly use the laptop for writing my thesis and the ordinary every day stuff so spec wise i really dont need a powerful laptop so i guess the 13 tum: 2.53GHz would do great and i think its a good price. But you know how it is, something new and shiny is just around the corner :p
    So im thinking of waiting untill the 16/3 and buy my relatives MBP if the new one have not been released by then.

I just wonder what you guys would do, hold out or buy my relatives used MBP???

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

With your usage, there is no reason to wait unless you just want the newest and latest. I doubt we'll see anything before iPads are available so you may end up waiting till June.

BTW, it's inch(es) or just ", not tum :cool:

3. slicke101 thread starter macrumors member

hehe , i just copy and pasted from the swedish apple site ;)

Thanks for your input, thats about what I also decided. But still, a brand new toy would be awsome wopeeee :p

4. Silencer macrumors member

Silencer

If you don't need the extra horsepower I would say get the current 13 inch Macbook Pro. However if you would rather have the latest tech then I would say wait.