Help with Diablo 3 with my macbook pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sneak3, Jun 5, 2012.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502a

Hello there!

I got a 2008 unibody macbook pro, the 5,5 version one.

core 2 duo 2,2ghz processor, 160 hd, 2gb ram, nvidia 9400m 256 mb ram.

Ive been trying hard to play diablo with this machine so I started to look for how come my mbp couldn't properly run diablo 3.

The primary symptom is constant lag in open scenery areas, it all slows down.

As I was finding some info, I discovered that this GPU used the mbp RAM. 2 GB is already too little, so if the GPU shares ram, the little would turn out to be useless.

SO I upgraded my ram to 8gb, BUT still, i can't see much of an improvement.

Am I missing something?

Please help!

2. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

You could try lowering the graphic settings or even using bootcamp if you're able to use windows.

3. definitive, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

yes, you are missing something. you didn't visit http://www.diablo3.com 's official mac support forum to find out that everyone with this underpowered card is having the same exact issue, and that blizzard is supposedly working on a fix. don't expect to see much of a gain.

edit: look for an update some time tomorrow which is supposed to address this issue.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

That's because you have the version with the 9400m, which is an integrated card that's lower performance than even the modern Intel integrated graphics.

I wouldn't expect to be able to run much in the way of modern 3D games, at least not at anything but low or medium settings.

5. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502a

AlexMaximus

SO I upgraded my ram to 8gb, BUT still, i can't see much of an improvement.

Am I missing something?

]

Use this patch and you will be able to play it:

us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214188

6. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

Ram won't do much for performance but
    Go into Finder, "Go", press Alt and "Library" should appear. Click that and go to Application Support>Blizzard>Diablo. You should see D3PREFS.txt look for "Hardwareclass" and change it to "1". Greatly improves performance I got about +20-30 fps on my 6750m