Help with Dish Network and Jailbroken phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by camaroIOM, Feb 25, 2011.

1. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Have Iphone 4 with jailbreak on 4.0.1. Finally have everything working and organized until problem logging into Dish Network today. Couple days ago they released an updated on dish, and didn't realize until too late. Now when attempting to log in nothing happens on dish app. I attempted to re download from Itunes and stating need new version of at least 4.1.

Is there a current jailbreak that would allow me to re jailbreak to a closer version on Itunes without causing issues. Not really up to date with current jailbreak news. Last time used jailbreakme.com without an issue. Read something about having to be tetherd each time now (or something like that) each time needing to jailbraeak if reboting phone?

Any help would be great. Hate to do for one app but use alot

2. Los macrumors regular

You can jailbreak up to 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n man, you're pretty late.

Save your SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella and if you feel like keeping your baseband too in case you want it to get unlock or sell it later to keep it unlocked start the TSS server with TinyUmbrella and Update to 4.2.1 and then jailbreak with Greenpois0n.

3. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

COuple things then before attempting......

Since I have 4.0.1 is there a way to save this on Cydia or another program to revert back to if needed? Or is Tiny Umbrella only go to 4.2.1....

I suspect with a possible new version coming out soon better to go ahead and jailbreak up to 4.2 soon??

By moving up to 4.2 I am also losing all configs and will have to place everything back on also correct?

Sorry for all the newbie style questions just want to cover basis prior to doing.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you don't already have your blobs for 4.0.1, you can't go back to that software.
    You can find the answers to your questions with a little searching. :rolleyes:

5. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

If you're jailbroken, you have Cydia. Should, anyway. Open it, and look at the top where this picture has a yellow box :

[​IMG]

That's the list of SHSH you have for your phone stored on Cydia, and can restore to if need be. If you ever clicked "make my life easier" on Cydia, from that point on it should be saving SHSH blobs for you.