Help with display settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danmunk, Feb 10, 2008.

1. danmunk macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a problem with the newer MacBook Pro, all generations of the MacBook and MacBook Air computers. If I use them for very long I get a headache from the display, similar to when some people use a CRT where the refresh rate is too low. I don't notice any visible flicker.

I have a second generation MacBook Pro and have no problems with it. I have also used PowerBooks and iBooks extensively with no issues. Lenovo, Dell and Sony machines don't seem to cause a problem either.

I really enjoy using Macs, but am worried that I may not be able to going forward as I seem to have issues using the newer displays. Based on google searches, it doesn't appear that this problem is very common.

Outside of resolution and color, I haven't found any display adjustments. I would appreciate help of any kind in adjusting the display.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Stopsignguy macrumors member

You only mentioned resolution and color, but not brightness. The newest Macbook Pro (not 17 inch) have LED backlighting resulting in a much brighter image. Could this be what is causing your discomfort?

Other than that

3. danmunk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the thought, but I've tried the full range from lowest to brightest.