Help with DJ programs and audio programs

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by sjohnson4382, Jul 4, 2010.

1. sjohnson4382 macrumors member

I am beginning to getting into DJ'ing for parties and weddings and am looking for any help I can. Obviously I have Itunes that all my music is in. I am wanting to know if there are any programs that may integrate with that or what equipment I would need so that while my song is playing through my amplifier/equalizer and over the speakers I can be listening to other songs, either in my itunes, just downloaded on limewire, or like from other cd's when I'm looking for the right song so that I can add it next so it will be the next song in the playlist (kind of like when you have the dj type cd playback machines where one is playing and you can put another one in to find your song. Do I need a special piece of equipment to do this? ALso if I do what is a good economical one for a beginning wedding/party dj and how would I go about hooking it up so that I could add that cd or whatever to my music playlist for the next song? Also I wouldn't mind having one that I could do a little beat mixing on the fly with.

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Really, limewire and I bet your making money on the music too.

Pick a software. Traktor sound like a good bet. Audio 2 DJ audio interface.

Audio out from the Audio 2 DJ to PA system. Headphone jack for split cue.

Please don't bootleg. Buy your music or get into pools.

3. sjohnson4382 thread starter macrumors member

I used limewire as an example as I DO Not use Limewire. All my songs have been paid for one way or another I can assure you. I was using it as an example. Guess a better example would have been a song from another cd waiting to queue.

4. townerboy macrumors newbie

5. RHELF macrumors member

Serato or Traktor for your DJing. Don't use Limewire. You don't want to be djing parties(especially if you are making money) with really bad mp3 quality music.