Help With Duplicate Software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DjChrisChip, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DjChrisChip macrumors newbie

Hi guys brand new to forum,

I currently own a Macbook Pro (pre unibody 17") 2.6 ghz, 4 gb ram, with a 2 tb western digital premium edition II external hard drive for my audio files. (mostly .mp3 <few aac>) and a 1 tb western digital studio edition external with my music videos. These are filled 1.1 tb and approx 800 gb respectively. I am currently using a program called Serato with its VSL plug in. (in case anyone was interested.

Ok So I found two programs that might work
    here are the links if anyone knows how to use them or wants to try and learn them with me,

http://www.hyperbolicsoftware.com/TidyUp.html

http://www.woodenbrain.com/sw/iDupe/idupe.html

Any help would be super appreciated and I definitely apologize if this has been discussed before. If anyone is in NYC area and can help with the situation I would in turn be glad to hook them up at any spots I or any of my friends dj at.

If anyone has any insight i can be reached at djchrischip@verizon.net, in this thread, or bbm pin24A71F0A.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Not really seeing a question there. What exactly are you needing help with?

3. DjChrisChip thread starter macrumors newbie

k it a long story but here is how it went <it went something like this>

1. I djed for Charlie P. got his whole music collection- 200+ gbs
    2. DJ'ed for MIKE P. got his whole music collection.- 400 gb and change
    3. DJ'ed WITH BILLY got his whole music collection- 150 gbs
    4. DJED for M2M got there whoe music collection- 150 gbs (same as BILLY collection
    5. MIKE P redid his hd. Got his music collection again- 350 gbs <identical filenames.
    6. Got Danny from M2M's hd- same as billy and m2m
    7. Got Chris D's hd aout 2 or 3 times
    8. My video collection got a massive amount of doubles from a miss move n copy.

u get the idea in there there is like at least 2 or 3 doubles of every song

I want to make TIDY UP V2...

1. Analyze this and if a song has
    1- IDENTICAL FILE NAME,
    2- IDENTICAL Legnth of track
    3- IDENTICAL bit rate

flag it for deletion

also I would like a byte by byte analysis of the doubles to REALLY make sure they aren't two different versions of same song.

I haven't decided whether I want tidy up to delete one of all the doubles OR if it is possible for tidy up to just simply move ALL of the original tracks/ <songs/ videos with no doubles> to a seperate hd.

also as a 4th criteria
    identical ending thingeeeeyy
    ie. .mp3, .mp4, .wav, .aac, .vob etc

ok so now having given up on the tech support at tidy up v2...

I researched and found dupin an itunes duplicate finder.

So Now I am in the process of copy n pasting two hds onto my spare 2tb external,
    I will then add them as a separate library into itunes,

After this I will use the program to find doubles, and do its thing"

However first I am waiting on an email back on two questions I have for them.

1. I want the program to search by all criterias it currently does and also, by file name...(not sure if that is possible though)

2. I want to know if it also does a byte by byte analysis to make sure they are exact doubles n not different versions.