Help with DVI port

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adora2A, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Adora2A macrumors newbie

I have first generation macbook pro, and i used up the 80 gig HD that it came with, so i replaced it with a 200GB 7200rpm hard drive. I guess I was a bit too excited when I put it back together as i accidently place the two screws (from the joint with the monitor) in the threads of the DVI port. (bonehead move).

So naturally this has rendered my DVI useless, I've tried and the screws will not come out by any means that i can think to try.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

This is a dumb and unlucky mistake to make (I would have done this myself if my mentor hadn't stressed that I should be very aware of not doing it). :(

I suggest you use a small magnetic screwdriver. That's pretty much the only way I can think of removing them. Btw, it shouldn't render the DVI-port useless, it should only prohibit you from connecting the safety screws to the port.

3. Adora2A thread starter macrumors newbie

It actually does stop me from being able to use the DVI Port. I think the screws obstruct how deep i can push the connection. If I fidget with it enough, sometimes i can get black and white and color but its dynamic and sporadic at best.
    In regards to the magnet screw driver, will in be problem so close to the HD?

4. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It will not. Actually the Hd is placed in the excact opposite place of the DVI-port so you don't need to worry.

It will take one hell of a magnetized screwdriver to mess up anything on the Hd.