Help With Ebay Bidding

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gretschdrummer, Apr 6, 2012.

1. gretschdrummer macrumors member

Hi, I'm new to eBay. There is an item I want that ends in a few hours. It is at $3, and my maximum bid will be $20. I don't understand the bidding system very well. If I put down $20, does everyone see that the price is $20? If so, I have two scenarios:

1. Bid maximum now, $20

2. "Snipe" at the last second ($20)

What do you recommend I do?

Thanks

(if this is in the wrong forum, please move it)

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

If the price is at $3 and no one has bid over that yet, it will stay that way until someone bids. You will be automatically be bidding until other users bid it up to $20. You might even win it for less than $20 EVEN IF you set the max bid at $20. Hope that makes sense. :)

It really depends on what you're buying.

1. If it's a hot item and you know it's definitely gonna go over $20, you should set the max bid (automatic bid) to whatever you're willing to pay for it.

2. You can also bid at the last minute to win it, at whatever price it will be.

I usually do both if it's something I really want.

Good luck!

3. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

I think snipping in the last 20 seconds or so is a better approach. If you put in your max bid now, you are giving people time to outbid you.

Where is you snipe in the last 20 seconds or so of the auction with your max bid is is very unlikely that anyone would have time to bid twice if they underbid you max bid. - Just my 2 cents. :)