Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tphan91

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2022
Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I recently came across this great eBay listing for a used 2018 Mac Mini. The seller indicated that he already reset the machine and everything is good to go. However, he didn't include many screenshots for the software so I asked him to send me some. He was nice and quick to reply to my message.

Now, in one of the screenshots that shows the Disk Utility, it says Apple SSD AP0256M Media instead of Macintosh HD. I did some research and it turns out that it's the actual physical drive of the Mac Mini. I also watched some YT videos on how to erase your drive before selling your Mac to other people. And they all say to erase the volume, not the actual physical drive.

So this left me a little confused. Mind you, I'm fairly newish to the MacOS ecosystem. I've only had a Macbook Air 11" mid-2013 for 7 years now. :oops:

Anyhow, did the seller do something wrong here? Should I be worried at all? Any inputs from the community are highly appreciated. You will find below the screenshot that I mentioned above.

Thank you for your time. And I look forward to hearing from you all.

Best,

s-l1600_1.jpeg

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Looks fine to me. I'd do a full wipe and restore on any used machine I purchased anyway, so as long as the drive shows up and mounts, it's fine with me.

Reactions: tphan91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.