Help with EMEA CC-HE contract uplift option

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by agenthunt, Mar 4, 2008.

1. agenthunt macrumors newbie

Hi all...I ordered a new macbook a couple of days ago.. But I regret the fact that I didn't opt for EMEA CC-HE contract uplift (£47) when I am ordering the macbook through my university computers. I called apple to change my order and they said that the uplift can only be done at the time of online order and if I want to add an uplift now it costs me around £155 .. Do you think I need to return my new macbook when it arrives and create a new order which includes uplift option..I am so cunfused!!!!!help please..

just to let you know that as I've ordered through higher education link, my new macbook already has 3 year warranty..and doing an uplift gives me 3 year phone support as well (like applecare).

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I bought my MacBook and the 3 year higher education contract comes with it. But telephone support? That depends on whether you really need it.

I had an issue with my battery outside the 90 day window, I rang them up and while they pointed out that the call could charge me I told them about the battery, they listened and then offered a new battery, no extra charge came my way. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it was a trouble shooting issue and you spent the time on the phone with them.

In my case I knew what was wrong, they checked the serial number and confirmed I could have a bad battery.

Return it if you want though.