help with exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jul 14, 2008.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so i am trying to set up exchange. and i understand what to put for my email address, and the description, but what does it mean when it says Domain/User. i would think i just need my username, but i dont know what domain means. once i put anything there and hit next then the server thing comes up and i know what to put there. does anyone know what domain might mean

here is a screenshot

[​IMG]

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Umm, does your work have an Exchange server that you are trying to connect to? That is the user account and password you'll need; the domain refers to the Windows Network domain name used in active directory internal to your company's network. You'll need to get that info from your admin.

3. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Domain means your local area network name. Could be USAA\userid.

4. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yes, i have exchange at work. is there a way i could figure out the domain and stuff from looking at my account that i have set up on outlook

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Right click on My Computer (assuming you're sitting at a computer setup on your company network) and go to properties. Click the Computer Name tab. Here's an example. In this example, your domain\username would be macrumors\waterskier (where domain is the part before ".local" in the example, and waterskier would be your network login name):

Attached Files: