Help with expose and scrolling

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NoSmokingBandit, Apr 14, 2009.

1. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

I mapped expose to a button on my mouse and it works well enough, but i'd like to be able to choose what window i want without having to mouse all over the screen. Using the scroll wheel doesnt always cover every open window. I'd use the application switcher, but it only switches apps, not windows. I dont mind mousing all over the place, but if i have to do that i might as well make a hot corner for expose and free up my extra button. Anyway, is there any way to choose which window i want without moving my mouse everywhere? It would be ideal if the app switcher could be modified to show thumbs of open windows, but idk if that can even be done.

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Not sure if this helps, but in some apps, pressing Apple then the key above Tab: "~" shifts windows. Use it like Apple+Tab, so just hold down the Apple key while doing that.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I had my old white macbook set up as the lower left corner showed all the windows and the lower right corner set up to show the desktop. I loved having hot corners. Now with my unibody I just use multitouch gestures though. :)

4. NoSmokingBandit thread starter macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Well, the plan is to be able to choose a window only with my mouse and without excessive mousing around the screen. I was using it with windows 7 and the aero feature was very useful (peculiar as it may sound) because i could start the window switcher, choose which one i wanted, and select it using one mouse button and the wheel. I was hoping to find something that fluid in osx.