Help with External HD, included software?

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
I just bought a Western Digital 120GB and it came with an installation CD with Retrospect Express , which from what I am reading is a back up software. I was wondering do I have to install this software if I already have the apple backup. I'm pretty used to using the apple backup already. Do I have to install it to use the HD. Disadvantages, Advantages? Help Please.

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
Check the disk

operastarlet said:
I just bought a Western Digital 120GB and it came with an installation CD with Retrospect Express , which from what I am reading is a back up software. I was wondering do I have to install this software if I already have the apple backup. I'm pretty used to using the apple backup already. Do I have to install it to use the HD. Disadvantages, Advantages? Help Please.

I bought a Lacie 180 gig disc and it has backup software installed on the hardisk. Although i dont know western digital..maby it used the same thing..

Comment

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
It was formatted with something for windows already on the disc. The directions said if you were using Mac OS to erase the HD first and then install the software from the CD

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.