Help with External Monitor Choice!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by polyun, Nov 7, 2008.

1. polyun macrumors member

I just bought a new alum macbook and would like to get a 22" external monitor for it (and my xbox360). Can anyone give suggestions? I'm looking at some Dell monitors which are selling for around $200. Would they match the resolution of the macbook screen's ratio?

Are there better monitors for the price?

Thanks for the help!

2. polyun thread starter macrumors member

3. StvRndy macrumors member

I just read the news about this monitor, Samsung 2342BWX.
    The resolution is incredible. Waiting for it to be released here. And the price is cheap too.

4. Philflow macrumors 65816

5. manuel.mx macrumors member

Hey,

I just got a T260HD monitor from Samsung, its a pretty nice monitor the T2X0HD series have DTV Tuner, so you can use it as a TV. They are cheaper than TV's that size, and provide full HD Support, well not sure about the 22" ones.

Anyways, I wanted to warn you about some undergoing issue that is happening with new alu macbooks and external displays. Some people, including me, get noise and interference in the external monitors when used in high resolutions like 1920x1200.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1762674&tstart=0

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1756755&tstart=0

I dont know if everyone has it, or just some macbooks. It is really really frustrating, so be careful cause you might have a bad time with your display if your computer is affected by this. I would recommen testing any display before buying it.... I think even those who use apple displays have this kind of issue, you will see that there is no workaround and most people end up being stuck at lower resolutions.

I got that monitor for my macbook and i was highly dissapointed, i used my old powermac 12" and it worked flawless, same with an past model mac book pro and it worked nice, but in my alu mb works like crap.

If this thing wouldnt have tv tuner i would have right now just a big monitor in a capped resolution and i will be very mad, at least i can watch the tv while apple releases a fix for this issue.

Be careful and good luck.

6. polyun thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Any opinions on Dell monitors?

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Alright

Check my video review out. I have got the Dell 24" and its a beast :D.

8. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

ive seen in some offices while passing through some displays that have a super slim bezel, dont think they were dell, they were widescreen,silver,maybe 24 or 22" with a super super slim bezel, nearly none at all! really nice, cant find them online at all!