General Help with extracting images from locked iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phoneman, Jul 29, 2014.

1. phoneman macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Long story short.. I'm trying to help a girl with her iPad that her husband smashed in rage by punching the screen in. The iPad is junk now, but miraculously turns on fine (LCD Okay).

Now to the issue - the girl has loads of family photos stored on the device which she desperately want extracted somehow, she doesn't care about the iPad it self. The problem im facing is that the device is locked with a pin (which I have), but I'm not able to enter it.. I've tried numerous new iPad screens, but the touch won't react at all - so I assume something on the main board has been damaged that involves the touch..

Is there anyway to transfer the images without being able to unlock the device??

It's an iPad 4th Gen (a1460) and its running IOS 6 or less what I can tell..

Attached some images of the device, I think this girl needs to consider a new partner lol :)

Any help deeply appreciated!

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

If you can connect it to a mac you could try to access it with iFunBox.

3. phoneman, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

phoneman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks teleromeo, I've tried iFunbox on the windows PC - but it can't access it unless the code is entered and if i try to use iFunbox on the Mac it just crashes/freezes upon start :(

Update: Got iFunbox to start on the Mac aswell - but won't show the device as its locked (my iPhone works fine in the program though)

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

On PC, doesn't the DCIM folder show up as a drive? Or do you need the PIN for that too?

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yea that's what I was gonna ask too. I have used that folder before and don't remember needing to enter my pin. I guess my device was unlocked at the time of accessing that folder.

6. phoneman thread starter macrumors newbie

It just comes up with itunes saying that it can't connect unless you enter a passcode. I think you only have to do this once, then it will work after that (my iphone opens the photos even if i have a code, but it might renember the computer as i pressed trust this computer in the past?)

7. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

If you have a spare iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch couldn't you just make a backup on your computer through iTunes then the photos would be accessible from the other device and could then be recovered?

8. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Long shot, but if you can get it connected to a bluetooth keyboard, you can enter the password that way.

9. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Plug it into a pc and go to My Computer. It should show up there as a portable device allowing you to access the DCIM folder and remove the photos. I have done this on a locked Iphone so I assume it will work on Ipad too.

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

that only works if the computer is a "trusted device"

11. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Jesus that's bad. You might have to take it in store. I'm sure they can extract the photos for you.

12. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Nice lock background. ftw

Apple genius definitely can get her photos out.. ;)