Help With Fight

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thebiggoose, Nov 27, 2007.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

Me

Hi guys, I thought I would re-introduce myself, as I havent been active lately. My name is Steven. I live in Michigan. I am 16. I am 6'7 and about 205 lbs. I'm in decent shape and have wrestled (amateur/olympic style) for 9 years. I also have a small amount of training in Jui Jitsu and Boxing.

The Situation

I have a pretty serious girlfriend. I care about her alot. There is this kid who she sort of dated over 2 years ago, we'll call him Asshat. I have never met him. He is 15, ~ 6'0, and about 275 lbs per my estimate from seeing him a couple of times. He looks really out of shape. There is another kid in one of my classes. We can call him Shortdick. Shortdick is friends with Asshat. In the last few days Shortdick has been giving me **** during class. HE is telling everyone that this Asshat, whom I have never met, is saying horribly vulgar things about my girlfriend, who she hasn't had contact with in months. The things he are saying are ruthless and I'm not gonna let someone disrespect someone I love like that.

I wanna know what strategy you guys think I should approach this with. Someone told me that they pass him in the hall at the same place and time everyday.

I don't want to get suspended or in serious trouble, but I am ready to deal with any consequences. What I'm thinking now is I'm gonna wait for the kid and blindside him into the wall. I'm not gonna swing until he does. I plan on just holding him there and making my point that he won't be saying stuff like that any longer. If all goes as planned it will end there. I he continues to spread rumors, I will find him and really hurt him. If he swings initially, I'm ready to fight. It's never good to have a plan, but I have some options I'm thinking about. If he swings wildly at my head, which I'm sure e will do, ad most people in our town are inexperienced fighters, I will hit a double leg on him and either start kicking or mount and start swinging. If it resorts to stand up fighting, I will try and hit him with a solid elbow to the nose. Then try and end it.

What do you guys think? Any Advice? (Do you think I have a decent reason for fighting?

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

No.

You're 16. It's not worth getting either a) the stuffing beat out of you, or b) getting tossed out of school.

I don't have doubts that you would "win" the fight, but what do you think would happen? He's not going to suddenly respect you and your girlfriend. He'll be pissed.

My advice is be the bigger person. and don't make stupid choices.

3. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Well, the first problem is that you live in MI :D

Generally, you ought to only fight to defend yourself. I'm not a fan of confrontation, but whatever. Just ask yourself, what do YOU accomplish in the end by resorting to violence?

4. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

15 years old and 275 pounds? Holly ****!

Isn't there enough senseless violence in the world already?
    Beating this kid up will do nothing except make him really mad.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Talk is cheap. if these things are really being said (of which you have no direct knowledge), who cares? Sounds like he's a jealous, infantile little jerk, and you've already won. She's your girlfriend now, right?

6. David G. macrumors 65816

There's a forum member on here (I don't remember who) who has/had a sig that said something like "Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to there level and beat you with experience." While I too don't think you would lose the fight, I still believe one could gain alot from thinking about what that quote really means.

7. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

8. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

well i dont think you shoulld beatup shortdick or asshat (great names btw...) but if you feel like getting kicked out of school, arrested, family sued, lives of you and those around you go to crap. sure go for it.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

See 30 years ago you could have just beat the **** out of them and moved on, but now you'll probably get expelled. Gotta love the wussification of america.

10. shecky Guest

shecky

fighting is always the best way to solve a problem. look at iraq.

11. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I don't understand how hitting someone may end up in a legal case, with suing and whatnot. Over here it's like a fight goes on, everyone is separated and then people go on with normal life. I don't get the point?:confused:

12. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I suppose you would want to beat us for disagreeing with you?

I'll be the first person to tell this kid to defend himself, but this isn't defense. This is being a pissed off 16-year old male, and thinking someone is talking about someone you think you have the duty to defend their honor. With due respect, this isn't a Shakespearian tragedy.

Think of how this could turn out, OP. You have 8 years wrestling experience, plus some Jui Jitsu... You should know that one precisely placed blow can do permanent damage. In the heat of a fight, who's to say you wouldn't do that... or do it by accident.

Speaking from experience, I had a friend who pulled a 'stupid prank' and it went wrong... And he spent 18 months in prison because of it. Think about it.

13. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Its something called assault in America, thats where all this nasty legal business comes into play. Get a good enough lawyer and lawsuit. Sue anybody for anything medical bills, trauma mental/physical, I can go on.
    edit: just noticed that you're located in costa rica, sorry if my post seems harsh.

14. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Ahh, but you don't have the wonderfully litigious society that we have. Pity.

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

16. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

"God bless America…"

17. bartelby macrumors Core

Take the moral high ground and ignore them.
    It'll just escalate if you try violence.

You're kids, kids talk sh*t about other kids all the time. Some grow out of it and some don't. Learn to deal with it now, or you'll be in trouble later in life.

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Let it go.

A. you fight, you could get sued.
    A friend of mine was hit in the face and her nose was broken - the girl who broke her nose was in deep s*** for that. She was expelled and her parents were sued in a big big way. Don't get in fights with kids whose parents have good lawyers. You should never assume that they don't.

B. you fight, you could lose.
    I'm a girl. The huge, twice my size, school bully picked on me one day and I wasn't taking it, I beat his ass. He didn't realize I had been practising martial arts since I was 7 years old.
    You should never assume you are going to win a fight.

C. you fight, you get sued, lose, embarrass yourself, get in trouble at school and probably at home... etc.
    I bet I don't need to explain further, riiiiight?

The whole thing is a bad idea. I know you're young and full of angst but it's just not worth it, not over some stupid rumour.

19. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Yes. Don't go beating anyone up.

20. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Assuming you're strong enough to defend yourself verbally, just keep back at him, get him angry, and he'll either get fed up and leave you alone or lash out and give you the fight you want.

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you fight one of them, you'll have to fight the other eventually, and then you'll have to fight them both one day while you're walking alone.

Don't bother. Even if you win, you'll lose.

And besides, you're dating her now. Not them. They're only saying these things because they're jealous and angry about it. They'll always be the loser, and you'll always be the winner. You walked off with the girl....."their" girl, and the obese 15 year old loser kid walks off with Shortdick.

22. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

1. DO NOT FIGHT AT SCHOOL! That is absolutely the worst place you could do it for so many reasons.

2. DO NOT SUCKER PUNCH! If you do decide to confront him. Be a man and tell him you want to fight him for what he said. Fight with some dignity. It's very likely he will just back off.

3. Yes, you could be sued. Let's say you knock him out. Send him to the hospital. Cause him permanent brain injury for life. The way damages are calculated by considering medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, punitive damages. Let's say you brain damage a guy for life. And, hypothetically, he made $30,000 per year at his job. And he would have worked 30 more years. Damages will be $900,000 just for his earnings. Yes, that is what you will have to pay for causing the brain damage. You don't even want to talk about pain and suffering and medical bills. This is why you will never ever see a lawyer take a punch at someone. Even if you touched the other guy on the nose with your pinky and somehow he ends up dead, because he fell down awkwardly or whatever, you will be liable for everything that happens after you touch him.

4. You cannot "consent" to a battery. If you agree to fight and get your ass handed to you. You can sue that person for battery and vice versa.

5. Being a minor does not shield you from lawsuits. Even though you might not be arrested, you can be sued. I don't know about Michigan, but most States treat kids over 14 the same as adults in court. And even if you're under 14, you're only shielded from negligence. A battery is intentional. If you were 7 or under, then you would be shielded from intentional torts(possibly).

23. Lau Guest

Of course, it could all be a cunning plan on the part of Asshat and Shortdick, and beating up Asshat could mean that your girlfriend thinks you're a dick (of undetermined length) for kicking someone's head in as, frankly, any self respecting girl would. She leaves you for your agressive dickish behaviour, and decides that Asshat didn't seem so bad after all (and as it happens, it all turned out to be untrue rumours anyway).

Alternatively, she thinks you and Asshat are idiots for fighting, and decides Shortdick (in spite of his diminutive member) seems like quite a nice guy as he decided to stay out of the childish fighting, and goes out with him. Which is what he wanted all along, hence spreading the rumours.

Ignoring the fact that beating someone up is idiotic anyway, I would be very suspicious of a friend spreading rumors about another of their friends – what's in it for them, and why would they put you before their friend, unless it's to stir things up?