Help with Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by peteraigner, May 4, 2007.

1. peteraigner macrumors newbie

Hi there, let me get straight to the point

I used to work on Windows XP with Premiere (6.5 to most recent) and virtua dub for my AMVs

Now that I changed to Mac and also to Final Cut I am a bit confused where to begin.

For beginners: How to I get rid of the Audio stream?

With viruta dub I could deactivate it, with premiere I could separate it form the video stream and delete it.

Second: because premiere gave me a hard time with batch converting of single parts an episode I used virtua dub, which really was easy

It seems like it is also a rather hard work getting certain scenes at once from a video footage so they can be used later in a new video

Are there codec’s that Final Cut doesn’t not support at all or, like premiere, it does support it but it tends to mess up the end product (man I hated premiere for this)

Are there tutorials that help me to understand the basic tools?

And the last one, are the DV cams that don’t work with Final cut? I want to buy one soon so I can do the real thing

Hope you can help me with that :)

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

There is a rather large, and very helpful, set of manuals (including tutorials) that came in the box along w/the FCP discs and I think those would be very good place to start.

Lethal

3. peteraigner thread starter macrumors newbie

on the disks or installed or how?

bit confused ^^

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The eight printed manuals that come in the FCS box :). Plus there are the two training DVDs that come with FCS that I have found very handy.

5. peteraigner thread starter macrumors newbie

well my freind bought it and just installed in on my mac so i can pay around with it before actually buying it -^^- and he didnt give me his training dvds or so

yea i know "buy it" but at first i want to know if i can work with it without kicking something acros my room *like with premiere 6.5 i neded a new mouse after working with it for 2 month*

dont hit me because i have no money for it yet ;_;