Help with finding a very specific carrying case for 13" UMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danistyping, May 14, 2010.

1. danistyping macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I will soon have a 13" 2010 MBP. For much of the summer I'll be living on a bus, which means my home will pretty much be a slot with a bed. Needless to say, I'll need to be very space efficient.

There have been many threads on here about everything from bags that fit laptops to sleeves. What I need is a thin, padded case with a handle - a standard laptop carrying case that is very thin and space efficient, but is also protective. Without regard to price, does anyone on here own this type of case/recommend anything in particular? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Also, if there's something that the apple store carries that you recommend and that I won't get ripped off on, that would be huge! I highly doubt this though.

2. mac8867 macrumors 6502

3. danistyping thread starter macrumors regular

WOW that thing looks incredible....did you find it at the apple store? If so, was it priced the same as on this website?

4. lordofuo macrumors regular

Look at these: http://www.hggear.com/13inchcases.html

I would go with the Shuttle 2.0. ;)

It's cheap, rugged, and it works.

It's actually a hardshell, so there's really no need to baby the thing while it's in case.

Plus, if you simply need to check the net really fast while on the run, you can use it while it's in the case. The top half opens to a 90 degree angle, and it is 5 sided, while the MBP is laying on the "6th" side of the "rectangle." If that makes any sense.

Highly recommended.

Alex :apple:

5. mac8867 macrumors 6502

No, I ordered it from their web site. I found them with an online search a year or so ago and had them bookmarked in my browser for a long time.

The thing is fantastic with the webbing, I put all my "stuff" in it... here it is "loaded up" so to speak.

Attached Files: