Help with Firefox 3.6.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidlv, Mar 23, 2010.

1. davidlv macrumors 65816

I installed the new ver. 3.6.2 of Firefox and imported my bookmarks, all went OK. Then I tried to transer those bookmarks to another Mac and ran into something I can not understand. Until now bookmarks have been saved in the Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Firefox/ folder buried in a Profile folder (name may change) and by just copying the bookmarks.html file there you could transfer your bookmarks easily.
    Now that file is not changed, even when you edit your bookmarks, and I can't find where Firefox saves the corresponding file! :confused:
    Any help appreciated.

2. davidlv thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply.
    I knew the files were in that folder, but what threw me off was the presence of an old bookmarks.html file dated last year and I had just redone the bookmarks based on those imported from Safari. Ver 3.6.2 obviously uses a different file now, maybe those in the "bookmarkbackups" folder.
    Anyway, thanks for the link, very helpful. :D

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I think it was around Firefox 3.x.x that they switched the bookmarks from a html file to some form of a database. Glad to hear the link was helpful.