Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyberPrey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
IGH, MN
Hi,

I bought a PC PowerColor 5770 video card of ebay that was flashed to work with the Mac Pro 1,1 (2006).

While it DOES indeed work, the one flaw is that the system ALWAYS detects TWO monitors connected.

I have reset the NVRAM, plugged in my monitor via a VGA to DVI adapter, and plugged the monitor in right to the DVI port, but it still detects TWO monitors.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with a way to correct this, or point me to a new Bios/Firmware for me to flash it with to correct, and perhaps a tool to do it from OS-X??

GP-SE

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
Hi,

I bought a PC PowerColor 5770 video card of ebay that was flashed to work with the Mac Pro 1,1 (2006).

While it DOES indeed work, the one flaw is that the system ALWAYS detects TWO monitors connected.

I have reset the NVRAM, plugged in my monitor via a VGA to DVI adapter, and plugged the monitor in right to the DVI port, but it still detects TWO monitors.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with a way to correct this, or point me to a new Bios/Firmware for me to flash it with to correct, and perhaps a tool to do it from OS-X??

post at netkas forum

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.