Help with .fseventsd , .trashes , .ds_store

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AhFaz, Apr 29, 2010.

1. AhFaz macrumors newbie

Hey guys ! i really need ur help . i`m currently on macbook white late 2009 model . i`ve been having this problem whereby i have the three files mentioned above keep appearing in my notebook and also my external harddisk when i tranfer file to and fro from my macbook. How do i get rid of this problem PERMANENTLY ? The thing is that i keep on deleting and the files keep reappearing again . PLS HELP !!!!:(

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. AhFaz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the prompt reply. yes i have ONYX.So is it under maintenance-->display of folder contents ? Will this works with my windows under my bootcamp also ? cos i have these kinds of files in my bootcamp too.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Windows will show those hidden files no matter what, as they are not hidden in Windows. I don't know of a way to hide them there, but there was thread going on about this issue. Use MRoogle to look for it.

5. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

You pretty much just have to deal with it or buy BlueHarvest. I dont understand why Finder needs to leave "hidden" files all over the file system, but it is incredibly annoying.

6. olliea95 macrumors regular

olliea95

+1 for BlueHarvest, I use it for my USB stick that I also use with Windows. Very handy!

7. mr666 macrumors regular

Finder isn't leaving anything. These files are not created by Finder. Some hidden files are used by UNIX. Others are used by Mac OS. None are useless. Finder doesn't create any of them and only shows these files if someone makes unofficial changes to Finder preferences. No one would ever know these files exist if he didn't use Terminal or use some third-party software to reveal the hidden files. Windows has hidden files, Linux has hidden files. Let's give a big cheer for hidden files!