Help with GarageBand

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by misterc, Aug 21, 2009.

1. misterc macrumors member

I am new to using garageband and have just created a continuos mix for running, by taking ten or so songs from my itunes library and mix them together so there are no gaps. Then I exported back into itunes as one long song, so I can sync to my iphone.

My question--Is there a way to include markers so that if I hit the skip button I can actually go to the next song? Because I condensed all ten songs into one, I obviously cant do that now.

Any feedback would help. Maybe even another way to create a continuous mix,which is better than the way I currently did.

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I guess creating your track as a Podcast may solve the problem. I'm not too sure to be honest :eek:

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I don't think there is a way to set markers for use with iTunes although I'm not familiar with podcasts as suggested above. I think using seperate tracks and the crossfade setting in iTunes would be an easier way to achieve a continuous mix.

4. misterc thread starter macrumors member

Garageband

The problem with the crossfade is that it doesn't sync to iphone that way!

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I realise that, but is there not the same option on the iphone? I was under the impression it was there on my ipod, but I can't remember for sure.

6. misterc thread starter macrumors member

Garageband

I was under the same impression until I tried to do it...LOL....

7. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I found this on marking chapters within a podcast. That would do what you a looking for.

8. misterc thread starter macrumors member

Garageband

That was an awesome "How To" However, my other dilemma is that I am making this continuous track to use while I run in conjunction with the Nike + app on my iphone, which only allows you to play songs--not podcasts.

9. misterc thread starter macrumors member

Garageband

I take that last post back!!!!!!!!! That worked awesome. The iphone allows you to skip to next chapter and the Nike + app recognizes it as a musical album and allows you to do the same!!! Thanks a bunch....