Help with getting a new macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KevinRightWing, Oct 11, 2009.

1. KevinRightWing macrumors regular

I really want to get a 2.8ghz macbook pro refurb. I am not quite sure if I want the 15in or the 17in because the difference in price is pretty minimal. But I will be doing some light gaming and video work i movie. I am just not real sure what to do with my 15in 2.16ghz core duo 2 macbook pro. Its in pretty good shape other than needing a new battery which I could pickup on ebay for less than $100. Do you think I could get $400 for this laptop on something like ebay?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

have a look at mac2sell.net to see what they think its worth. I would say that about right but would need some more info.

Have you looked on ebay to see what other people are selling them for?

3. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get $600 or more for it. I saw a 2.2GHZ go for $1100 recently on bay. It has some AC left one it.

5. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...or you could save the $$ and use it plugged in as a HTPC media server for your entertainment system...or a back up machine incase your new machine needs a repair...

7. KevinRightWing thread starter macrumors regular

I purchased this mac in November 2006.

My reasons for upgrading are:

1. I really like the new screens. I am very picky about them and feel like Apple finally got it right according to my picky standards. I have checked out all the revisions since I bought my macbook pro and have never been happy about the viewing angles. However, i do like the current screens.
    2. I do some light gaming and would like the updated graphics card. No i dont want a second computer (gaming rig).
    3. Based on spending a few hours on friends' unibody mbp's, the heat amount of heat has been significantly reduced.
    4. I bounce around coffee shops and want the longer battery life.