Help with Glass/Digitizer replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dsmcfarland, Aug 13, 2010.

1. dsmcfarland macrumors newbie

I ordered a replacement glass/digitizer combo to replace my friends cracked iPhone 3gs. I've successfully replaced a few of these so I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I do know what I am doing. I took it all apart, got the new glass in, turned the phone on and everything seemed to be working fine. It appears to look like a brand new iPhone, but there is something wrong with the digitizer.

When you tap an app it selects the one to the left of the app you tap on. I thought maybe it was just a bad glass, so I replaced it with another that I had around the house and still having the same problems. Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong or might have gone wrong? I appreciate any and all help from you guys!

*just a side note both glass's came from the same manufacture.

2. TW95 macrumors member

3. dsmcfarland thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya that is what I suspected as well. Anyone else have any other ideas before I initiate the return?

4. dsmcfarland thread starter macrumors newbie

I just wanted to update with the status of this just in the event if anyone is needing it in the future. I ordered another digitizer from a different company and it worked fine. I'm not going to knock the first company, it could have just been a bad set. Thanks for the help!