Help with Guest Account

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Drezin, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Drezin macrumors member

I am new to the Mac OS world as i only got a mac one week ago. I'm learning lots of new stuff everyday but can't seem to figure out how to make my applications show up at the Guest Account Dock or even at the Applications folder for that matter.

I got Microsoft Office for Mac and it works fine and all on my User account (admin) but i cant make it show up at the applications folder or at the dock so when someone borrows my laptop for some office editing they have to be logged on my account.

Is there a way to customize the applications that show up on Guest Accounts? Thanks in advance.

Ps: Love my macbook air. It makes me never want to touch another PC laptop again.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

At logoff, changes made to a guest account revert to their pre-logon state. Therefore, you must use an administrative account to increase the privileges of the guest account. Then you may login to the guest account to make permanent changes to its setup. After you configure the guest account to your liking, then logoff. Return to your administrative account where you may reinstitute guest privileges for the guest account.

3. Drezin, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

Drezin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't manage the guest's privileges, i will keep looking for it.