Help with hackintosh.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ross1998, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ross1998, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013

ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I was running 10.6 on my laptop and decided to update to 10.6.8, while updating my laptop crashed and screwed up the update so my laptop no longer booted. So I thought it was time to update to 10.9. Because I didn't have a working mac, I had to find a mavericks 10.9 bootable USB.raw file and I used win32 image writer to burn to USB.

When booting off the USB, my laptop doesn't do anything, so I have to press 1 to boot of the other boot loader( i think its the chemalian one). It boots into a bunch of scripts and uasally crashes or gets stuck. Any help on what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?

My laptop is a gateway nv55c
    intel pentium p6200
    Intel hd graphics

Ps, I haven't formatted my harddrive yet ever since the crash because I haven't been able to get into disk utility's.

More pics

More pics agian

Attached Files:

2. ross1998 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another pic.

I put these pictures in chronological order.

Attached Files:

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like you're having issues with the kexts.

The issue with hackintoshes is that the smaller change in the bios or kexts can render the system unbootable (is that a word?)

Sorry I couldn't offer any more advice but with hackintoshes, each motherboard usually has its own very specialized set of instructions and sometimes even boot-loader.

4. ross1998 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, that's a step forward, weird thing is my laptop worked perfectly using iboot to install 10.6

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out the forums at insanelymac. They may have more detailed information.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: We're not really a good place for Hackintosh discussion and some of the more specialized forums might get you more help.

Our forum rules don't really allow the kind of in depth discussion that might lead to a real solution.

General Hackintosh discussion is fine, but as many Hackintosh images etc... fall under the category of "warez" we can easily end up in a bad spot.

B