Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
Please could someone help

I was running a program called Hands Off, but to be honest it was not doing anything for me so I deleted it using App Zapper. The only problem is that it is still trying to launch on start up, so when i log in a warning window comes up saying not compatible with this OS (i am on Lion)

I have tried searching the files and folders and using spotlight but can find no file referring to the program to delete properly

could someone help me please as the warning window every time i log in is driving me bonkers !

thanks in advance :)

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
this might sound a bit daft, but after deleting the app you did shut down/re boot?
just a thought.

Yes, I have, I must have rebooted and shut down for about a month now with no joy ! Only today have i posted for help because it is driving me mad !

:)

tug

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
you say you've been in files and folders, have you tried; finder/mac hd/
library/app. support.
you might find something to do with the app in there thats not quite gone mate.

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
you say you've been in files and folders, have you tried; finder/mac hd/
library/app. support.
you might find something to do with the app in there thats not quite gone mate.

Cheers Tug,

No, that is empty, nothing that relates to Hands Off.

:mad:

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
here is a picture

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-09-06%252520at%25252010.44.08.png

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
I'm having no problems at all with Hands Off and it works as advertised but that said, this is from their website on how to uninstall:

How do I uninstall Hands Off!?

To uninstall Hands Off! go in the Preferences window and under the Advanced tab, click on the Uninstall button. Then, simply move the application icon to the Trash.

Reinstall it and then uninstall it properly would be your best bet.

Better yet, keep it. It's a great program!

Britishlion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
UK
I'm having no problems at all with Hands Off and it works as advertised but that said, this is from their website on how to uninstall:

How do I uninstall Hands Off!?

To uninstall Hands Off! go in the Preferences window and under the Advanced tab, click on the Uninstall button. Then, simply move the application icon to the Trash.

Reinstall it and then uninstall it properly would be your best bet.

Better yet, keep it. It's a great program!

Done !

Hands off is uninstalled ! thanks SaSaSushi !

To be honest, it was just annoying me, every time you wanted to do something it would pop up. so for instance loading Plex would take 3 minutes after hands off would pop up asking for different permissions twenty odd times !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.