Help with hard drive new!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SR 7, May 4, 2012.

1. SR 7 macrumors 6502

So I installed the new hard drive Nd now when I boot Lion it asks what disk I want to install it on and it isn't showing my new hard drive...did I miss a step or is this piece of crap drive defective

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Did you format your new hard drive with Disk Utility? It needs to be formatted first before it Lion can be installed.

3. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

5. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I did a fresh install of Lion, i ahd to setup an admin account, so i did using the name Joe for instance, then when i transferred my account using migration assistant, during the process it said name "joe" already in use so i went and changed the other one than came and re did this process and it worked but apparently it didn't delete the first admin account completely on the fresh install so my old one that i migrated says Joe 1...is there anything i can do to remove that 1? its minor but rather annoying

6. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

While logged into the account you want to keep, delete the account you don't want in System Preferences > Accounts. After deleting the unwanted account, simply rename your account to whatever you want.

7. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

I also have these errors.... "system extension cannot be used...the system extension "/System/Library/Extensions?prl_hid_hook.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used...please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update.

than the exact same paragraph as above but with the extension /prl_hypervisor.kext" and another with prl_netbridge.Kext" and prl_usb_connect.kext" and lastly prl_vnic.kext"

----------

I did delete it but it doesn't allow me to rename it unless I am looking in the wrong place...the "Joe 1" doesn't show up when i log on when i turn the computer on but rather when for instance it shows it in finder on the left side as Joe 1.

8. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

9. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

ill have to double check on that one, i did at one point...why