Help with Hardbrake & Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Bulldog VII, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I've just got myself Apple TV (top bit of kit!) & have been using Mac DVDRipper Pro & then Handbrake to transfer all my DVD's to .mp4 format.

I've transferred about 700 disc's across with no problem, however I've had about 6 that only transfer to .iso format. (Sadly including the Rugby World Cup Final when we beat Australia - sorry have to mention this for my OZ cousin!!!)

Handbrake does convert .iso but the problem I have is I am doing the 3rd series of Ugle Betty for my wife & when I go to chose the source I have about 40 chapters to chose from. I have done a few at random judging by the playing time, 1 episode I have managed to do but the others at random are half episodes joined together (ie half of one & half of another)

I wondered if anyone else had encountered this & had a simple solution??

Thanks

2. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

Try out the free trial of RipIt. It produces a custom .ripit file rather than just extracting the contents of a DVD. Feed this file to Handbrake and see what happens.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Do you mean "title" instead of chapters? TV DVDs are authored funny compared to movies. Here's what I would do. Play the ISO file (or the original DVD) using the Apple DVD Player (or a regular DVD player). Play each episode and make note of the Title that is playing.

Then in Handbrake, select that Title to encode.