Help with HDMI and adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maxmacs89, Aug 7, 2011.

1. maxmacs89 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I recently purchased a Belkin high speed HDMI cable and the rocketfish mini displayport to HDMI adapter. I connected everything as instructed into my 2010 macbook and my 50" Samsung Plasma television. When I initially connect everything, both the screen on my macbook and my TV turn blue, but only for a second. Next the screen on my macbook returns to normal and the screen on the television becomes the Mac OS Snow Leopard image (the purple galaxy picture). It stays like this and I can't figure out what the problem is. I've tried both inputs HDMI 1 and 2 on my television and I've tried 2 different HDMI cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!!! Please let me know if I can include any more information for you.

-Max

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Do you want to turn on mirrored mode, where both displays show the same thing? Go to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement > Mirror Displays.

If not, just drag a window over to your TV (either to the right or left side of your internal monitor).

Be aware that using mirrored mode makes both displays have the same resolution (that of the smaller display) so your TV would probably be pixelated)

3. maxmacs89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

ergdegdeg,

It works now!

Thanks a ton!

-Max

4. maxmacs89 thread starter macrumors newbie

audio

One more thing :)

Is there any way to utilize the audio through the television (with my 2010 macbook)?

Thanks!

-Max