Help with home wireless network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bulldog VII, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I have my imac in one room, where the ISPN connection comes in for my fibre optic broadband & have a wireless network in the house.

I have my apple TV plugged into my TV in another room & that works fine.

I also have an airport connector which I have never got to work. All my mac systems are on the latest OS systems.

My question is, I have brought a new TV, which I can connect via the wireless network to get BBC Iplayer, but have no idea how to do it. Clearly I have to plug something into the back of the TV, but it's in the wrong room ie away from the imac & where the ISPN comes into the house.

Can anyone help me please??

Thanks

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

If the TV is WiFi enabled, you don't need to plug in any wires at all. You need to configure the wireless options in the settings of the TV. Check your users manual for the TV.

Also when you say "airport connector" what do you mean? That's not a correct terminology. Do you mean Airport Express?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Have A Toshiba

It's a Regza model, and was connected via an ethernet cable. Now my ATV takes care of all streaming. The TV came with a wifi dongle which just plugs in to a dedicated port and turns it into a wireless device. It's completely redundant now, but I did try it out and it worked well.

What's the make and model of your TV?

4. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

It's a new Toshiba & I've had a buy a dongle to go in the back of the TV. Why couldn't they have told me that when I got the TV & I would have bought one there & then!!

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

So Now They Charge

Extra for them....You could have had mine for postage......Hope it works out for you.

Mine was included in the box though.