HELP With HP Classic Keyboard on my macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zacho56, Oct 29, 2011.

1. zacho56 macrumors newbie

Hey guys & Gals. Recently I bought a HP Classic Keyboard ( http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computer/categories/mice_keyboards/1/accessories/WZ972AA%23ABA ) and it has 4 hotkeys. Mute, Vol up, Vol down and The sleep/shutdown button. The sleep/shutdown button works perfect but the other hotkeys will not work. I know this is a PC Keyboard, but on the box it says mac compatible aswell. So, is there any software that I can use (Besides keyremap4macbook) that will allow me to use the buttons? Or maybe a driver I can install? Any help would be appreciated. I am running, Macbbook Pro (2010) 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 6GB DDR3 RAM. Thanks again!

Zacho56

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its compatible insofar as you can type with the alpha-numeric keys, the special function keys will not work, unless HP provides drivers for them (which they won't since they're a PC company).

3. zacho56 thread starter macrumors newbie

So im pretty much doomed? :( lol

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doomed is a little melodramatic but yeah, you'll not be able to leverage the full functionality of the keyboard. Similarly you hook up the an apple keyboard to a PC and those fn-keys (volume, brightness play, pause, etc) won't work either