Help with Hulu on my ATV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rrmoore73, Feb 22, 2012.

1. rrmoore73 macrumors member

Hello.
    I need physical help jailbreaking my ATV. All I want to do is add Hulu. Is anyone in NYC available to help?
    Thanks.

2. OC513 macrumors 6502

I am in NYC area.....what do you mean by physical help? Are you physically handicapped? If so I might be able to get it done for you or get a friend to do it. There are very clear instructions on how to do it right on this board. So if you are not handicapped and just think it may be a difficult thing to do it is not. It is as simple as copying and pasting some command lines.

3. JailbreakNoire, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. rrmoore73 thread starter macrumors member

Im not handicapped unless you call not being tech-savy a handicap. I meant physical help, like a real person helping me.
    From what ive read on the forum ts not 3 steps, its more like 20 and I cant get it.
    If im worin and it is 3 easy steps please enlighten me.
    Thanks

5. JailbreakNoire, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

JailbreakNoire macrumors newbie

I promise you it isn't as bad as it looks. I jail broke my ATV2 very recently and was able to do this all very quickly. I found this youtube video very helpful:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXrIzcwhq0

The video starts all the way from first jailbreaking to then getting the necessary add-ons, and etc. He goes very slowly and in an easy to understand manner. Once you watch this, I promise you you'll be wondering how you didn't figure this or that out sooner.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I assumed you already had a jailbroken ATV and was merely looking for information on how just to get the Hulu plug-in.

6. OC513 macrumors 6502

7. rrmoore73 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Im going to try again this weekend. Wish me luck.:D

QUOTE=JailbreakNoire;14369634]I promise you it isn't as bad as it looks. I jail broke my ATV2 very recently and was able to do this all very quickly. I found this youtube video very helpful:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXrIzcwhq0

The video starts all the way from first jailbreaking to then getting the necessary add-ons, and etc. He goes very slowly and in an easy to understand manner. Once you watch this, I promise you you'll be wondering how you didn't figure this or that out sooner.

EDIT: I'm sorry. I assumed you already had a jailbroken ATV and was merely looking for information on how just to get the Hulu plug-in.[/QUOTE]

8. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Go to ebay and search for apple tv. There are dozens of new atv2 Jailbroken with tons of stuff for sale. I just bought one for $130 free ship and didnt have to spend the time to futz around doing it myself. Its worth it.

9. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

man 30 bucks for a jailbreak, i need to advertise on craigslist

10. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

In terms of legality, I wonder if this would be allowed.
    50$ for 5 minutes of work, have a checklist of items they would want included, write up a quick word doc with plenty of pictures on how to do XYZ and if you run into common errors.
    I guess that doc would really get you out of having to do future support at 20$ a visit OR you could charge 20$ for such a document after giving them the appletv
    Hmm....