Help with iChat and AOL 9.0

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I'm trying to help someone get their AIM video chat working with several people who use iChat and for some reason everytime someone (either her or myself on the other end) attempt to initiate a video chat, we get an error:

user cancelled invitation

It happens whether I invite her to a chat using iChat or she does it via AOL. Any ideas?

Note: She's using a Toshiba with an integrated video camera running Vista. I'm running iChat on 10.4.10 with a MacBook Pro.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
User Cancelled Invitation can sometimes mean a firewall issue. Check the firewall on both machines.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
User Cancelled Invitation can sometimes mean a firewall issue. Check the firewall on both machines.
Funny you said that, I just tried changing the firewall settings. I even turned off the firewall on Windows, still no dice. On Windows XP, the problem was often UPnP, which for some reason, would dork up the connection, but I can't figure out where UPnP controls are on Windows Vista. OSX's firewall seems to be allowing the iChat connection. Any port suggestions?

dfdennis

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
I'm trying to help someone get their AIM video chat working with several people who use iChat and for some reason everytime someone (either her or myself on the other end) attempt to initiate a video chat, we get an error:

user cancelled invitation

It happens whether I invite her to a chat using iChat or she does it via AOL. Any ideas?

Note: She's using a Toshiba with an integrated video camera running Vista. I'm running iChat on 10.4.10 with a MacBook Pro.
I have an iMac and had that happen. I also use an airport express and tried a firmaware update of it (I think 6.3) and then it worked.

Dennis

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I have an iMac and had that happen. I also use an airport express and tried a firmaware update of it (I think 6.3) and then it worked.

Dennis
Well, I've tried running the whole thing through one wireless router in a different location and it did the same thing. It's something in the Vista machine, I just can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help all.