Help: With iCloud/@me setting an account...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Canuck02, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Canuck02 macrumors newbie

Ok guys Im a huge noob when it comes to this icloud thing, so i NEVER had an @me account so for my itunes and stuff i use my hotmail account, so now that iCloud came along i made an @me email account but now heres my problem, I CANNOT receive emails but when i made the account and when i go to iCloud website i ahve a valid account...and when i checked my icloud / mail settings under account, its showing my HOTMAIL account not @ME account...is that why im not getting @me account? and i cannot even have an option to change it to my @me account.... anybody show me a properway to have a @me account email addy pls pls pls pls....much appreciated, thanks lads!

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

probably get a more help in the iCloud forum, should know this being you have been on here since 06

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The account it shows under iCloud is your Apple ID. For instance, my email is abc@me.com while my phone shows abc@2g1c.com, which is my Apple ID.

First, make sure email is enabled under Settings>iCloud. If it is, open Mail and and hit Mailboxes in the upper left corner. There it should show you which accounts you have on your phone.

Report back and let us know what's going on and we'll try to help.