Help with identifying a wrist strap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nineohtoo, Jun 25, 2010.

1. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Hi, I remember some time last year seeing a photo on flickr of a type of bracket that was installed in the bottom of the previous iPhone via it's two screws. I beloved it provided longer screws and allowed you to slip your own wrist strap through it's opening. If I'm not mistaken it was made by a Japanese company.

I was hoping someone here might know the name or manufacturer so I can see if they plan on making one for the iPhone 4, and if not, buy one and use it as a base to get one made locally. Thanks!

2. k1ite macrumors newbie

k1ite

Are you talking about these? http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/12_646_4581.html

3. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

danglet? no screws but it's removable..

i have one, i think it's pretty cool. i pull it out of my pocket by the strap.

4. nineohtoo thread starter macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Thanks for the link!

I wish I better compared my 3G and i4 before selling, but the screw distances looked awfully close. I gave them an e-mail and hopefully they get back to me. I'd feel a little bit more at ease with one of these and a paracord wrist strap.

5. k1ite macrumors newbie

k1ite

Haha funny thing is that I just emailed them too to see if they are compatible with the 4 as well. if so I can't wait to grab this too
    http://www.strapya-world.com/products/3549.html

6. nineohtoo thread starter macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

I just got a reply:

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I would not feel safe with the phone secured by just those screws. Yikes!

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

youd be better off getting a case with a spot to connect a wrist strap. I wouldnt be messing with the screws on the bottom of the phone. or even worse connecting a strap to the dock connector :eek: just bad ideas. theres gotta be a case with a bar on one corner to attach a wiimote like wrist strap.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

If you are going to carry it by the strap, then the design is iffy. But if it’s to prevent a drop while talking, then those screws can do the job. In that case, they only support the phone’s weight.

10. xtemujin macrumors newbie

xtemujin