Help with Imovie 09

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by goodies, Dec 24, 2010.

1. goodies macrumors newbie

I created a movie and want to drop in a picture using the advanced technique Picture and Picture. However, every time I do this the picture I drop is cropped. I then go to fit to screen and it gives me a black box or white box around my picture. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I want to simply drop my picture in the movie without this box appearing.

2. masonhogfan macrumors newbie

Sorry, digging up an old thread, but did you ever find a solution for this? I'm panicking trying to fix mine before a deadline

3. ObuckiO, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

ObuckiO macrumors regular

Are trying to Pic in Pic without having the box/square look to it? The picture in picture will have that look to it always, unless, you play with the color settings, or they go good with each other(not have a news cast look to them).
    Are you looking more for a blended look?
    You can try to add a pic/clip in (same way except don't click Pic in Pic) and click green screen(blue screen works too depending on colors sync), and if you click on one or the other(maybe both), on "Video Adjustment" and tune the colors until you see both come into view together.
    You can also Crop, Ken Burns and rotate them too.
    It takes some getting used to on what goes with what, but pays off great when done. I would also(if i was you), Google/youtube about green screening in iMovie. I hope this helps. ///BTW..The black box or white box issue with the thread starter, Could just need "Video Adjustment" on added picture, and tuned up some to blend and come through.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Drop the picture on the clip where you want it to appear. It will show above the video clip in the Project. Move the mouse over the picture, then click on the cogwheel to open the Clip Adjustment box. You can then change the border.