Help with iMovie Please! need to pick a song for movie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by techlover828, Mar 22, 2008.

1. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Hey guys,

not a huge video maker so I decided to just use imovie.

I know I'm going to have so imovie questions along the way and know you guys can help so I'm just going to post q's along the way. I'm making a video for spanish class and want to make it sweet for my group so I can get a good grade.

So, my first question, I want to have an intro to the movie to be like the beginning of some tv shows, like you have like a quick clip from the movie and then you pause the clip and show the name of the person in the clip, you know what I mean? So, how would I do that in imovie, once I get this answered I'll have more questions, thanks a lot!

2. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

3. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

In iMovie, select the portion of the clip you want to use in your intro, using the triangles (go to Help and type in 'select part of a clip'). Copy and paste it, and it will appear in the timeline. Move it if necessary. Move to the last frame of this clip (the keyboard arrow keys are useful for this), go to Edit...Create still frame, and then stick this into the timeline. Add a title or caption and Robert's your mums brother.

(ps the help files are really quite useful......)

4. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

hey thanks a lot, sorry, I should have searched help more extensively...

5. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

hey, actually got if finished, except for one thing, what do you guys think that the best song would be for the intro with all the actors etc. thanks, need lots of diff ideas so I can get the perfect one! thanks

6. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Something acoustic? Try one of the tracks from the Jose González album.