Help with Importing Music to Itunes !?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macman4291, May 9, 2008.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

Ok, I have an Itunes, and so does my dad....I only have about a thousand songs....but my Dad has about 7-8K songs....so he has a lot I would like as well...so I made a super playlist from his computer and library and made a data DVD of all the songs I wanted...but when I try to upload to my computer, It says I have to authorize through my Dads account in order to play and upload onto my itunes....is their any way to get around this...or what Should I do?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

The solution is you should buy your own music instead of pirating it.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Please don't jump to conclusions. If they are in the same household, then it's perfectly fine to transfer music onto each other's computer. There's no reason to believe that there's any pirating going on here.

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, check to see if the data CD that you made has any iTunes Purchased songs. These songs won't transfer over unless you login to your dad's account. Songs ripped from CDs should transfer just fine.

ft

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You can authorize up to 5 machines to play iTunes purchased content. My guess is that your Dad has only authorized his machine. Just get his iTunes info and authorize your computer for his content and you're all set. This is well within the legal terms of use for iTunes purchases, no illegalities.
    If that is not an option, there are ways around iTunes DRM. With that many tunes it's pretty time consuming, and I'm not inclined to tell you how. You're on your own as far as finding out how.