Help with Infinifolders (uninstalled it)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by California King, Aug 5, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

I installed infinifolders and after trying it out, I decided I didn't really want it so I uninstalled it. I've heard people say after installing it, all your icons will be reset and not in folders, but after installing it on my iPhone, I didn't have this problem.

Anyways, I connected my iPhone to my iMac and under the Apps tab in iTunes, all of the icons are out of folders and some are missing. The first page is complelety blank, dock has no icons, and I'm missing apps like Phone, Messages, iPod, basically all stock apps.

I disconnected my iPhone after it finished syncing and all the icons are fine....it's just being displayed incorrectly on iTunes. Any help?

Only thing I've tried was to restart my iPhone/iMac.

2. Tu13es macrumors regular

All the Infini- apps (Board, Dock, Folders) break iTunes management of icons. Most apps of this sort do. For most people, the benefit of the apps is more than being able to arrange stuff in iTunes.

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

That's a relief that I'm not the only one...the thing is, I uninstalled it. Shouldn't it go back to normal now?

EDIT: So this really sucks. I may have to restore now. I downloaded a new app from iTunes just to see what happens when I sync it with my iPhone. Turns out, it messes all the icons up on my home screen. No folders and all apps are in random order. I tried putting a couple apps in 1 folder on my iPhone just to see what happens and after I connected it to my iMac, it deletes the folder I just made.

Yep, that is the same issue. I'm just gonna restore it. That seems like the same thing he also did in the end.

4. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Restore fixed it!

Anyways, I also installed LockInfo too. Do you guys think I'll have the same problem if I install it again? Thanks

5. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

You just went through all this trouble, and now you're looking to try it again?

Glutton for punishment much?

6. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

My guess is that Infinifolders was the problem, not LockInfo.

7. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Oh, I thought you were asking if you should reinstall Infinifolders. People are having issues with LockInfo too, but doubt that it would mess up your icons.