Help with installation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ex71, May 26, 2008.

1. ex71 macrumors newbie

Hello, I recently tried to install windows on my macbook and somehow I screwed up and everything is erased. I took my mac to the Apple store and they told me I had to re-install OS X on my computer, which seemed easy enough. When I put the disc in, everything was ok until I got to the "Select Destination" part. According to the directions on several websites the options key at the bottom is where I need to go to continue, but it doesn't work, the only key that can be clicked on is go back. What am I doing wrong? I am an idiot when it comes to this kind of stuff so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brandon

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

If you formatted the Mac partition doing the Windows install, you need to re-format in HFS+.

Boot from the Leopard DVD, and before beginning the guided installation, choose Disk Utility from the menus at the top. Erase the drive, selecting HFS+ as the format.

Once that's done, reboot again from the DVD and install Mac OS as per your preferences.

Attached Files:

3. ex71 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this and it is still not working. Anything else I can do??

Thanks

4. ex71 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I tried this all it shows on the left hand side is the 232.9 gb fujitsu mhy220bh media disk and under that it says disk0. Below that it says Matshita DVD-R UJ-857e and it says Mac OS X Install Disc 1.

When I click on disk0 it says its formated in Windows NT File System (NTFS), which doesn't look right.