Help with installing windows on Mac mini late 2009

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mouss800, May 3, 2014.

1. mouss800 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

How do I install windows 7 ultimate on Mac mini ?

I have tried and read this forum before hand but still I have not managed to cross the bootcamp river

If you guys can help me do this please

I have Mac mini late 2009 with latest OS X Mavericks installed on it

Downloaded windows driver for win 7 on USB stick
    I partitioned part (35 GB ) of macintosh hdd. To installed win7 on

Restarted Mac mini and pressed alt option to boot into the partition with win 7 DVD in the drive

Boots fine but it won't let me install it on the partition I have created . As well I have not a clue how to copy downloaded win7 driver. And I do nothing could be selected from the bootcamp folder I downloaded on USB stick

Please help step by step or even better in a graphic illustration

Many thnx

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

During the Windows install when it gets to the part where it asks where you want to install Windows you need to select the partition you created and then select Format.
    Did you try that?
    You can create the partition in OSX but it still needs to be formatted in Windows.
    After the partition is formatted you should then be able to select it and the installation process should proceed from there.
    And don't even plug in the USB with the drivers until the install has completed.
    Only then should you plug it in and install the software you downloaded.

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Here's a pretty crappy video but you can see around the 2:00 minute mark that he selects the bootcamp partition and then clicks down below to bring up more options and then selects Format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUM-m1PZRlI