Help with Internet problems! (not the router...)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlackiBook, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Okay so I have been using my 13" MBP since the 7th of August and since the first day the internet has been SLOW and it won't load pictures half the time! It will load a little blue question mark instead of the picture!

I have three other apple computers and a netbook on wireless (not all at the same time, just to check internet speeds) and they all work perfectly so it isn't the router.... and it isn't 10.5.8 because I have not installed it!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or does anyone else have this problem?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Create a new user on the computer that isn't working and see if it's working there. From there we can determine how to proceed from there.

3. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Same problems on the new user account... Wont load pictures! and is way slow!

4. BlackiBook thread starter macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know what is causing this?

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Try manually configuring the DNS settings on your MacBook. You could try entering the DNS IP addresses for your ISP or use the ones from OpenDNS. The OpenDNS addresses are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

6. bigdb11 macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem. Except, one of my MBPs (new generation) works perfectly fine, however, the older (prev generation) MBP is taking forever to load pages. Any suggestions?