Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I need some help getting an invoice software for a mac. I have tried everything I can find ( iRatchet, etc. ) but nothing fits what I need. All I want is basic invoices which are numbered and in which i can add a deposit that was taken in. A basic layout which I can edit and it stays for all invoices would be great. It seems if I cant find anything I would need to use windows because there are tons of programs like that.

Any help would greatly be appreciated because switching back for this would be horrible.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I haven't actually tried out this one, but I can't help but smile at a billing program that promises to stun your customers :D

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I haven't actually tried out this one, but I can't help but smile at a billing program that promises to stun your customers :D

Thanks but i tried it, its way to complicated for my parter to use and it requires creating projects for customers and then invoicing it seperatly, a stupid process if u ask me.

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
I use Filemaker for invoices; you just define the fields and create an invoice template for printing/viewing. Pluses are that Filemaker is very easy to work with and searchable. Downside is that if you change something, it autosaves so you can mess up old invoices (but regular back-ups prevent anything bad from happening). Our solution was to make a new one each week and compile them quarterly; that way they aren't modified that often but are still searchable.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I use Filemaker for invoices; you just define the fields and create an invoice template for printing/viewing. Pluses are that Filemaker is very easy to work with and searchable. Downside is that if you change something, it autosaves so you can mess up old invoices (but regular back-ups prevent anything bad from happening). Our solution was to make a new one each week and compile them quarterly; that way they aren't modified that often but are still searchable.

Thanks alot for the info, ill go to the local Apple store to try it out, but it sounds like the perfect solution for me.

Thanks again.

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
No problem! If you're looking for a cheaper solution and don't need to be totally current with Filemaker, you can probably find an older version on fleabay. I use 5.5 and it works fine, and I really haven't found anything in the later editions that I need yet (though they definitely are prettier). :)

povman

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2006
Australia
I'm with epochblue, Billable is cheaper (I haven't bought it yet though) than Billings, really simple to use, and generally really great. I haven't used Billings but it looks a bit too complicated for my use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.